Saturday, September 3, 2011

B-town

A few weekends ago Joe had his 10 year high school reunion, so we headed up to B town (Burley, Idaho) for the event. We were also happy because it fell on the same weekend as the Cassia county fair, which is a big deal in this small town....a really big deal. Joe actually refers to it as the social event of the year. I enjoyed the fair because they had cheap and delicious scones that were amazing as well as maple donuts.

They had an event at the Rodeo that was called, "The wild cow ride" that goes against all human instincts. Seriously it is messed up. 3 people are on a team and they saddle a cow and ride it between cones. It's harder than it sounds, because they cows are crazy. I was super worried that the announcer would ask for a nurse to come tend to the injured. Go here to watch it on Youtube.

It was good to see some of Joe's best friends that he keeps in touch with, and it was fun to meet new people who meant a lot to Joe.
I think it is crazy that his whole class could fit in a photo. He had around 180 people in his class.


The class also sponsored a 5k fun run. Did I mention that Joe beat everyone! He even won a prize.
One more thing I love about Burley is that I have never met a person from there that I didn't like. Seriously everyone in this town is great! This made me really excited for my 10 year that is coming up next summer!

1 comment:

shiloh said...

Never thought about it before, but I think you're right about Burley. I've met about a dozen people from there and every single one was fantastic. Glad to hear you are up and about and doing well. :)