Friday was one of those mornings that I didn't expect. I was actually feeling well that morning and got in the shower. My mom has been great and stays in the bathroom when I am in the shower in case I feel faint or anything else. Things were fine and I got out of the shower and went to get dressed and my mom left to take the dog on a quick walk. I suddenly felt tired and so I sat down in the chair, next thing I knew I woke up and was totally confused about where I was, and I had no idea how long I was out, I felt weak so I went for the bed, but was incredibly short of breath. I knew something was wrong, I tried to take my pulse but it was very slow, I guessed in the 30's or 40's. I was able to call out for my mom, and when she heard me she came in the room. We immediately called my doctor and he told us to come in immediately. So off my mom sped to Provo. I had no idea she had it in her to drive like that. After discussing with my doctor the decision was made to have me admitted to the hospital for monitoring. That is where I have been since. We are trying to figure out my medications and what works best for me. The problem is that my heart rate is variable ranging from 36-140 at times, also I am having pauses where my heart isn't beating, sometimes for as much as 8 seconds. My doctors are trying to decide if a pacemaker is needed or if my lazy SA node will wake up and do it's job, and then maybe I will have a normal heart.
Joe came up from St. George and has been here with me at the hospital. Can I just tell you all what an amazing husband I have! I love him and don't know how I got so lucky.
5 comments:
We are praying for you guys!
aaahhhh that is crazy!!! I will keep you in my prayers as always!! Are you over at Timpanogos?
No, no, no, no, NO!! Make it stop!! Actually, make your heat start and keep going at the right rate! Yuck, yuck, yuck. I'm shaking my head over all this. I hate that I can't do anything except pray, and we're praying our brains out over here! GET BETTER, K?!? Please?
Miss Sarah! I can't believe all this. When did all your heart problems start? I wish there was something that SOMEONE could do to help your heart be perfect. And I'm sad for you and Joe that you have to be so far apart at such a hard time. We will keep you in our prayers always! Love and miss you!
I'm having a heart attack over all this! Hope to still see you this weekend!!
Post a Comment