One of my favorite songs when I was in elementary school was "Achy breaky heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus, it was even the first CD I ever owned. Maybe this was my body trying to tell me something. Isn't it ironic?
It's been almost 3 weeks since by last cardiac ablation and I thought I should inform you all on the events of the last 3 weeks. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about click here and this will catch you up.
The first week after the procedure I felt good and it seemed like a normal recovery. After a week my heart started racing and I fainted. I have never fainted before, so this was a new experience. I was staying at Aunt Cheryl's condo in Snowbird and I thought that the high altitude and all the irritation on my heart was the cause.
A few days later I kept getting that same feeling and came close to passing out. Soon I was fainting daily and almost fainting another 10 times. I was in denial that anything was wrong. I had 2 weeks off work to recover from my procedure. I love my job and was really excited to be back to work. I was having a tough morning at work, but I tried to keep it to myself. One of my coworkers Rick came and asked me about my procedure. While I was talking to him I fainted. I was only out for a few seconds. Rick has the hook ups with telemetry and put me on so that he could monitor my heart. Soon enough my doctor was on the phone and I was leaving work.
We found out the reason why I am passing out is that my SA node (the pacemaker of the heart) is a bit lazy and slow to react. We have it recorded that my heart didn't beat for about 4 seconds because my SA node wasn't working appropriately. Another problem is that my heart doesn't know what to do and one of the areas that they ablated is slowly coming back.
Today I met with my doctor and we discussed my achy breaky heart. Hopefully my SA node will decide to not be so lazy (he said this sometimes happens). If the arrhythmia comes back it looks like in about 10 weeks I will have another ablation.
I'm hoping that the fainting will stop once we get me under control and that I can return to work.
Please keep praying for my heart, also pray for Joe. My doctor didn't let me recover in St. George with Joe and so we have been spending a lot of time apart. I know it has been hard for him to have me recovering 300 miles away, even though he has been able to come see me on the weekends.
7 comments:
Dang it Sarah I am so sorry. Our prayers continue to be with and Joe. Thanks for the updates.
Oh Sarah! I'm so sorry . . . you are definitely in our prayers. I know all of this will get figured out someday, hopefully soon!
I want to kickstart your heart (another awesome song)! Fainting is really scary. I used to pass out a lot in jr high and high school, but then kind of figured it out, but with this pregnancy that has been a major obstacle. And fainting is just so annoying! I'm so sorry, I can't wait to see you at the reunion, and I will keeping praying for your heart!!!
Shoot Sarah! So sorry your heart isn't all better yet. We'll keep praying!
this made me cry. I love you! We are praying for you both.
I'm so sorry Sarah. :( Your poor little heart!
Dang it, Sarah! I hope they can get that heart of yours figured out soon.
Post a Comment