Sunday, March 22, 2009

Moab


So this past weekend I was crazy enough to participate in the Moab 1/2 Marathon. I do not know what I was thinking of when I signed up for it! It was beautiful! We ran down the Colorado river and then through town to the finish line. My run did not go to smoothly...I got sick at mile 4 and almost had to quit. I could not breath and my heart rate was out of control so I had to walk for about 2 miles till I could get my heart rate in a safe range. It killed my time also.
















































I have to say that Suzanne did easily beat me, she was hard to keep up with.

We went down a day early because we wanted to go to the Monticello Temple. It is amazing that Monticello has a population of 2000 and they have a temple!

After the Temple we drove to Bluff, Utah because some of my ancestors built a cabin there and settled the area in Pioneer times. The city has restored the cabins and has made it a historical site. So if by chance you find your self in Bluff drop by the Barton Family Cabin. They have wagons and stuff there. I'm not sure if kids are suppose to play on them but my nephew Ben is too cute and had so much fun sitting on them. He was really proud of himself.










(Look at Joe's arms! He isn't even flexing! Look how huge they are!)






Right now I am considering running in the Salt Lake 1/2 Marathon in 3 weeks to redeem myself because of my awful showing in Moab.




9 comments:

Shaylee said...

You are a maniac! I can't even handle this little racing side of you.

P.S. Joe-your arms are ridiculous!

Muncher Cruncher said...

Way to go Sarah!! You're awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Dang girl that is awesome. I would love to start running again but knowing me I would either poop or pee my pants after 13 miles. Have you ever had to go pody on the run?

Christy said...

Way to go! I'm sorry that you got sick on your run, but good job for finishing. I couldn't do it.

It sounds like it was a fun trip all together. The Barton family cabin? Is that who your brother is named after?

Christina said...

That is awesome. I have always wanted to do that exact same run, but something has always come up. That is too bad that you felt so sick. Way to go for not giving up though.

Sarah Preston said...

Bart is short for Barton. He needs to go to that cabin!

Mary said...

You are incredible, running for that long. I can't believe it. Such cute pictures of Ben too! Thanks for playing with my boys over the weekend, they love you.

Amber said...

Hey, at least you finished... at least you started!!! I hope you run in the SL marathon. I hear it's pretty fun. I think Megan and Benita did that one. You're amazing!

kevin said...

Hey, I have a good picture of you finishing the race, if you want me to send it to you. e-mail me your e-mail address. kevinmspencer@gmail.com