Thursday, April 7, 2011
April heart update
It is time for another update about my " stubborn heart". I have been wearing a heart monitor for the past month because I have an appointment with my cardiologist scheduled for Friday. I have been having problems off and on for the past couple of weeks. Once I was walking a patient around at the hospital and I almost passed out. After talking with my doctors office the reason why was that my heart rate was 212 (way too high), and out of rhythm but they said my heart went back into rhythm so nothing to worry about. Fast forward 2 weeks when I am out running errands and I get a phone call from my doctors office telling me that my heart rate is 185 and has been all morning as well as it has been out of rhythm. I get orders to go home take some extra medicine and take it easy. My doctors nurse tells me to call back in the morning and if I am still out of rhythm then I will need to get cardioverted (they shock your heart and it resets it and it should go back in rhythm). I woke up and my heart was back in rhythm so I didn't need to get cardioverted. The next day I was working a day shift at the hospital and a little after 8 o'clock I started having symptoms with my heart. I talked to our telemetry tech at the hospital about it and he immediately set me up with a 5-lead heart monitor so he could just check up on me. My heart rate was 185 again, and out of rhythm. Before I knew it the house supervisor was by my side and the cardiac unit was warned that they might be getting a new patient on the unit. I called my doctors office and again they told me to take some extra medicine and if my heart rate didn't go down I would need to get cardioverted. Well my heart rate wouldn't go down and because it was so high I could not really do my job, before I knew it my supervisor had me in a wheelchair and I was being admitted to the cardiac unit to get cardioverted. Note: I hate getting cardioverted! Thank goodness they gave me lots of drugs to put me out, so at least I do not remember it. I woke up to the doctor telling me it was a success and that my heart rate was now 74!!! I was even able to leave the hospital that night!!!! This morning my heart still feels in rhythm and good. I am just taking it easy and will be laying in bed all day! Tomorrow morning I will meet with my cardiologist and I will get to hear what my treatment plan will be going forward. For now keep my heart in your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh my gosh what a crazy couple of weeks!! I hope your little heart is shocked into shape now!! Good thing you are a nurse and can get immediate attention when you need it!! We will keep that pesky heart of yours in our prayers that it will start behaving!!
Your little heart.
I pray for you.
And your heart.
And your doctors.
Stupid Moab!
Stupid Moab indeed.
You can tally up three more prayers from me and Dan and Bennett.
I'm sorry it has been such a rough couple of weeks. I am glad that your heart is doing better and that it is in rhythm now. I hope it continues to do well. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Congratulations of the job offer! Way to go Joe! That is so exciting. I hope we'll get a chance to see you guys sometime this summer since we will be so close.
Good luck Sarah! You're in our prayers!
I knew there was a reason I couldn't sleep tonight and decided to read my family blogs, even though no one hardly ever updates their blog. . .(especially me!) It was so I could, in the quiet of my family room, kneel down and say a special prayer just for you. Which I will now do. I LOVE YOU!!! And bless your heart too!!
(and congrats to Joe on the summer job. You two are definitely one of the cutest couples I know! And I don't just say that because we're related and I have to! I really mean it!!)
Our prayers are coming all the way from SC. I can't believe your heart has been beating that fast...you do need to just get some rest. We love you!
thinking of you!!! xoxo
Dang girl. I hope they can get that heart of yours figured out.
I hate that you are still going through this! Love you - you're in our prayers!
Post a Comment