Monday, April 11, 2011

The appointment

Friday I met with my cardiologist to discuss my heart (stupid Moab). The appointment went like I thought it would because of my incident on Wednesday being cardioverted and admitted to the hospital. My doctor put me back on all my medications, and we discussed that I need another cardiac ablation. For this next ablation he is sending me to Minnesota where I will have "the best in the world" try his hand at my heart, at the Mayo clinic. I feel at peace about this decision and I feel like it is the next step to get me better. I am hoping to make a vacation of this trip and visit Minneapolis. Do you have any ideas of some fun things to do? (please leave a comment with your ideas) It looks like we might be headed out there some time in the last half of May so the weather should be good!

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

Oh Sarah! Well, let's hope the doctors at the Mayo clinic have the right touch! Our whole family fasted for you yesterday - Carter and Anna included. It has been my experience that the prayers and fasts of the little ones are very powerful. I know this long process will come to a happy end eventually. I hope it will be sooner rather than later!

Mary said...

Our boys (and us) pray for you.
If you go downtown, look for the Mary Richards statue for me! The Mary Tyler Moore show was set in Minneapolis. My old producer moved there, but all he has talked about is Popeyes Chicken. And Twins games.

● C E L I N A ● said...

STUPID MOAB

katie b. p. said...

We love your dearly and pray for you! Nothing like a guy from Minnesota to break a broken heart :)

Dink said...

aaaahhh Minneapolis!! That will be a fun trip and place to see!! Keep us posted and I hope that this doctor will be able to get them all!!!

Mary said...

Ok, a reporter here at work grew up in Minneapolis. She says there are 4 places to go.

1) The Mall of America in Bloomington

2) Downtown Mminneapolis and the Nicollet Mall

3)Uptown Minneapolis and Calhoun Square, Lake Calhoun and Lake Harriett

4) Dinkytown -- the U of MN and Aveda Institute.

Cloe said...

Sarah...I'm so sorry you're having to go throuh all of this. :( You are so sweet and so cute, and you just need to be D.O.N.E with these problems. I'm glad they're sending you to the best of the best doctors. We're praying for you.