Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Heart Update

I have been meaning to update everyone on the condition of my ticker, so here it goes.


My doctor started to try to wean me off one of my heart medications to see how I would do. I wore a heart monitor for 2 weeks to see if I went out of rhythm and I did a few times. So at my last doctors appointment we had some decisions to make, I could stay on the medications at the higher dose for the rest of my life, or we could do another ablation. Joe and I would like to start a family sooner or later and since there is not enough research on what happens to the baby in the long term if it is exposed to this medication in the womb we decided that we would do another ablation. There is no guarantee that this ablation will work but we have faith that it will get us one step closer to being able to start our family.
My ablation is scheduled for Monday, June 28th. I would really appreciate your prayers for me and Joe at that time.

8 comments:

Shaylee said...

Man girl. We will be praying for you.

Dink said...

I hope it goes well and we will have you over for lots of recouperating games!!

maeve said...

we will be thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers! im especially crossing my fingers that those darling preston babies will get here soon!

Nichole said...

Sarah - I am sorry you have to go through all this! We will be praying for you! I hope it goes well - really for selfish reasons because Alec needs some friends to play with :)

Rachelle said...

You got it. Thanks for the update - can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Christina said...

We will be praying for you guys and the medical people. Keep us posted with how it goes. Love ya guys.

katie b. p. said...

Praying for you today!

katie b. p. said...

Praying for you today!