Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Before/After


So my aunt Harriet gave me this chair and ottoman when she was doing some cleaning at her house. It is amazingly comfortable, and would be a great rocking chair for a baby room some day, but it doesn't match our furniture that we currently have, so I decided that I would try my hand at a slip cover project. It took way too long, but I am pleased with how it turned out.

Before
After
Joe told me he was very proud of me.

6 comments:

kevin said...

I am impressed. I don't sew much, but it looks complicated

Mary said...

Cool! You Richards ladies are quite talented at that sort of thing. It looks really nice.

Dink said...

Nice job way to tackle that!!

cpace said...

I noticed that chair and thought it was cute. I had no idea you recovered it.

Shaylee said...

Way to go girl!

Rachelle said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! I've been much too chicken to try to slip cover any furniture. I love the way it turned out!