Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A little unexpected

So today I went in to the Doctor for a quick appointment. They told me to come fasting just in case they needed to do anything. I went expecting the worst to be another TEE with cardioversion. (and having them weigh me, I hate knowing that number)

This is how the conversation went

Doctor: "So it looks like you I won't be needing another TEE and cardioversion quite yet."
Me: "Really! That is GREAT! I was preparing myself for the worst, so this is great!"
Doctor: "Well...We will be changing up your medication to something stronger."
Me: "Perfect! What is it?"
Doctor: "Tikocyn, The bad news is, you will need to be in the hospital for 3 days so we can monitor you because the drug has some possibly dangerous side effects, and we will need to monitor you closely."
Me: "Oh"


So it looks like I'll be here for a while. Hopefully this drug treatment will be effective and my heart will cooperate. Please keep me in your prayers!

13 comments:

Mary said...

Man that's scary. I think JB's coming to see you with the boys this morning, or will wait and go with me this afternoon. We are worried about you!

Renee said...

Darn it all Sarah, this is a bummer. We are so sorry you have to endure this! Prayers continue! We love you and Joe. Please let us know if there is anything we can do? Can we bring you a treat??? Any food restrictions??? Love you lots and sending healing heart thoughts your way!

Amy said...

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Let me know if you need anything.

Amy Jo said...

I will definitely say a prayer for you! I hope you do okay with the new medication!

Rachelle said...

Love you!

● C E L I N A ● said...

I AM SAD I coult not come with Moe and Kris.

I hope you are getting lots of tutoring, all the answers correct and great service.

cpace said...

Sarah you are one of the strongest people I know. We will keep praying for you. This morning I was taking too long getting Jane breakfast so Emily took it upon herself to say the blessing while I was mixing rice cereal. It basically went "Heavenly Father, bless Sarah will get better, thank you for the food, Amen". We'll try and stop by and see you sometime while you are in the hospital

amberdat said...

I hope it is a pleasant stay. Drink lots of juice... just cause its good. I will be thinking of you.

katie b. p. said...

oh geez! talk about annoying. Kevin and I fasted for you last fast sunday, and we pray for you every night. Do you have a dvd player? Mayber we should come down with popcorn, movie and make it a date night? We could even bring you some Olive Garden.

Christy said...

I hope everything goes okay with the new medication. You're still in our prayers.

Kelly Peterson said...

we will!

Nichole said...

Sarah I am so sorry. I hope it goes well! We will be thinking of you!

Cunning said...

Updat please :)

Also- we need to get together, Scott really misses Joe.