Thursday, May 7, 2015

Disney World- Epcot

2 weeks ago we took the trip of a life time to Disney World with Kate. We were so happy when Papa and Nona said they could come too!! I was very excited because I found a crazy deal including air and hotel. and we would be staying at a Disney resort hotel...it was not the most luxurious resort but it had all the perks like being able to enter certain parks an hour early, and Disney picked us up from the airport and we didn't even have to bring a car seat! We didn't even have to pick up our bags off baggage claim, Disney picked our bags up and then they magically appeared in our hotel room. I am a huge fan of this hotel and dream of staying there again. Maybe one of the reasons I got such a good deal was because our flight was a red-eye, but is was non-stop to Orlando! We landed at 6 am and were at Epcot resort by 8 for our early morning there. 


 For those of you who don't know Disney World is made up of 4 theme parks and 2 water parks. We were going to be there for 4 days so we chose to do one theme park a day and skip the water parks.

Kate passed out cold on her Papa!
 Kate was great while we all took turns riding the big kid rides, she even made friends


My Dad served his mission in Italy and so I knew he would like visiting "Italy" at the Epcot Theme Park .Epcot features culture and cuisine from 11 countries. I did a little research before going and found a delicious pizzeria. We were all very impressed with the food at Via Napoli Ristorante. The place had 3 big wood burning ovens and all the servers were from Italy. The pizza was authentic thin crust Italian pizza. I had to get reservations to this place 2 weeks in advance!

I love this picture of my Dad while he is watching a street performer in "Italy"

The street performer in Italy

Kate was very into all the different street performances. I just love those sunglasses!



Epcot has lots of beautiful topiaries of characters that they feature in the spring,
 One of Kate's favorites was definitely the dogs Lady and the Tramp.
We stayed at Disney's All-star movies resort. Like I said earlier we loved it! We stayed in the 101 Dalmation section of the resort, which was perfect for Kate. She loved pointing out all the dogs every time we walked by. Our hotel room was even decorated with the dalmation theme. The hotel had 2 pools, but we were too busy at the parks to use them. I loved that the hotel had buses every 20 minutes to each of the different Disney resorts. I am hoping we get to go back to this resort some time in the future.

Larger than life Pongo



4 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a blast!

Suz said...

Kate's hair, shoes and sunglasses are killing me...what an adorable little girl!

cpace said...

Such fun and Kate is beautiful with those curls

Mary said...

Yeay, pictures! All of you look like you had such a great time.