Tuesday, December 6, 2011

His new t-shift

I love Joe. He is so competitive and athletic. He has had many goals at BYU. The greatest goal was achieved when he got married to me. The second thing on his list was to win an intramural championship. He has been close so many times. When he was recently returned from his mission, he was on an intramural Flag Football team with Jason Deelstra, Tyler Unsicker, Dave Kimball, John Gochnour, his brother Tom, and some others. They played in the highest division and did very well. This was back in the day when the Daily Universe ranked the top intramural teams in the Daily Universe every Wednesday. Joe and his buddies would hang out in the Wilk and talk with people and tell them that they played on an intramural flag football team, that they were in the highest division, and were undefeated. They would then invite these people to come watch them play. The team played very well but lost in the semi-final game of the tournament. He made it to the semi-final game 3 other times but never won it all. This year he signed up a team for co-ed basketball. Their team name was Brothers and Sisters because a lot of the members of the team were related to each other. There was Joe, his brothers John, Tom, and sister Cheri. Mike and Teresa Wayment, Casey and Savannah Wassom, Tara Amos, and Hanna Picard. They played well all season and tonight they became intramural champions. Part of winning the tournament is receiving the coveted Intramural Championship T-shirt, which Joe proudly now has. I'm sure he won't ever take it off and I might have to cut it off in his sleep at some point. Here are the Preston Brothers and Sister.
Here is the Team in their matching Championship T-shirts.
Way to go you guys!!!

4 comments:

Mary said...

That is just so so cool. I'm so jealous! I always wanted one of those shirts. I like the blue, too. I swear they used to be white or grey. But so coveted. How fun to be with his siblings and win!

Charone Peterson said...

I love it! Way to go! Nice that the shirt has a good design too and isn't completely lame.

Suz said...

Way to go Joe!

Rachelle said...

Way to go, Joe!! Any news on the pacemaker? Still set for the 20th?