Saturday was possibly the saddest day of my life and I am not exaggerating. I know 2 of my friends who had the same car and loved it, so I know I'm not crazy for being too attached. I sold my Audi and bought a new to me car.We found the car we wanted to buy and when it came to talking trade in value and everything for the Audi I completely lost control of my emotions and started bawling uncontrollably at the dealership. The dealer even suggested to us to take the new car for the night and come back in the morning. I told him I didn't want to drive that car and that I wanted to drive the Audi. We backed out of the deal because I was not ready to say goodbye to my car even though I could tell it was dying a fast death. A week later we came back to the same dealership and I felt more ready, until again it came to saying goodbye. The tears started pouring out and I could not be stopped. I honestly have never cried so hard in my life. Is it really possible to get attached to a piece of metal? Yes
It was in this car were I was able to bond with my Dad as he drove me to my friends places when I was young.
This Audi was my first big purchase ever.
Good memories galore here in the Audi.
And perhaps my favorite memory of all is the thoughtful first Christmas gift from Joe. At the time the Audi had only a tape player and Joe thought it was ridiculous. So for our first Christmas dating he got an awesome CD player installed. It even had a connection to be able to use my I-pod.
Joe did promise me that someday he would buy me a new Audi to make more memories in.
Just writing this post about my Audi is making me cry. I hope I made the right decision to sell.
RIP Audi A4, you will be missed.
4 comments:
Ah that got me a little teary-eyed reading your post!! I almost cried when I should Mick!! Such good memories with our first big kid cars!!! What did you end up getting???
I got teary-eyed when I sold my Volvo! There's something about that first car. JB also put a CD player in mine. Hopefully you will have good memories in the new car.
Awww, so hard to say goodbye to the place where so many memories were made!
RIP Audi.
Post a Comment