Sunday, October 2, 2011

Stumbling block

I have to say that the first week following my surgery was great. I had more energy than I ever had following any other procedure. I felt good enough to go to the football game (I'm grateful I have a temporary handicap pass, and BYU traded our seats so I could sit the whole game!)

But early this morning I woke up to my heart racing. At some point in the night my heart decided it would misbehave. Before bed time I felt great! I had a heart rate of 55. I even told Joe that before when I had a freaky fast and irregular heart rate it would keep me awake, but now my perfect sounding heart kept me awake because I loved listening to it and feeling it.

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and it is our conference weekend where for 2 days we get to hear from the leaders of our church. In the early morning hours I was reminded of an old talk from 2004 entitled "But If Not" from 2004 that really touched my life at the time. I'm sure I was facing a difficult challenge (what person on this earth isn't) and this message stuck with me. I searched for the talk and found it and it brought comfort to be again 7 years later.


Hours passed and my heart was still racing. I called my doctor and told him what was up. He put me back on heart medication for the time being and I will go to the office tomorrow for an EKG. My heart is still racing.

I know I ask you all the time to pray for my heart, but will you all please continue to pray. I am very touched that I have people who read my blog and care about me and Joe.

I'm hoping that this increased heart rate is just a fluke and is from the irritation from what they did to it, and that it will calm down... but if not I will be strong and I will get through this.


6 comments:

Rachelle said...

I remember that talk too, and I also love it. I've been putting your name on the prayer role down here every couple of weeks, and you are always in my personal prayers and our family prayers! Love you. Sure wish this heart of yours would behave. But if not, our family is always here for you!

Charone Peterson said...

I admire your faith through all of this, Sarah. You are a great example to me!

Kacey said...

I, too, put your name on the prayer roll...every week before my shift!

● C E L I N A ● said...

WE LOVE YOU!!!!

But If Not is my FAVORITE talk of all time. I even wrote Elder Simmons a thank you letter. I needed that talk so much back in 04. Month later I received a card back from him, and it was a reminder again of how amazing the tender mercies of the Lord are.

You are always in our Prayers!

♥ Celina

katie b. p. said...

praying!

Paula said...

Thinking and praying for you. I hope your heart figures things out soon.