Sunday, September 26, 2010

Heart Update

I had a few people let me know that I was overdue to give everyone an update on my heart. If you haven't ever heard the story you can go here and read about how I realized there was a problem.

The latest news is that I am still on all of my medications. In a few weeks I will wear a heart monitor for a week and my doctor will get to see exactly what my heart has been doing and if I don't have any episodes where I go out of rhythm we will start to decrease my medications. I am really hoping this goes well. (last time I failed it, so cross your fingers) The good news is that for the most part I feel great! I have been going to the gym a few times a week and I have been able to run a mile about 3 times a week!!!!!! Yep you read right I have tried running! Granted it is a very slow mile, but it feels good to be back on the treadmill.

I was feeling very confident about my heart and so Joe and I even started an intramural coed basketball team with his brothers and sister Cheri, and another family from Burley. I only played a few minutes before I couldn't breathe, and my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. I don't think more basketball will be in my near future.

I am still not in the clear, so please keep praying for my heart!

2 comments:

Dink said...

YOu are awesome, I would probably not even go to the gym!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for your test to be great so you can get off those darn meds!! I think you should have a monthly update!

katie b. p. said...

praying, praying, praying!