Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Park City




Joe and I met up with Suzanne and Seth in Park City on their honeymoon and went out to eat with them for dinner as well as my parents. We actually didn't go to just any old place in Park City to eat, we went to my moms old garage where she grew up that is now a whiskey place. (they have amazing pork and hamburgers so if you can handle the whiskey smell you will be fine). My mom grew up right next to main street. For years her old house has stood vacant, but who ever bought it most recently did an amazing job bringing the house back to life. They have places to eat/drink throughout the house and garage. We went to eat with my mom who took us on a tour of the old house and told us stories and told us what was different about the place, the main difference was the big bar where the living room was, and they moved the house forward on the property.

Before: This was taken years ago, my brothers Jeff and JB sitting on the porch. (I don't know what I was thinking but I didn't take a picture of the garage.)
After: From a different view, but you can tell that they painted the house, and changed the doors of the garage, but the garage still looks like I remember it.
Thanks to the newlyweds who let us crash their honeymoon because we were not ready to say goodbye yet! (They moved to South Carolina the day after Park City)

2 comments:

Suz said...

Thanks for coming up to say goodbye. It was fun to hear all of Mom's stories right along side of you. Thanks again for the letter. You and Joe are the best.

Rachelle said...

As I read this, I exclaimed, "WHAT?!? They're not supposed to crash the honeymoon!" And then I read the last bit about not being ready to say goodbye. Sigh. I'm gonna miss Suzanne, and I only see her every year or two. I can only imagine how you're feeling! I'm glad you got to have one more evening with Suz before she moved. . .