
So I recently went back to work at the GAP after being gone for 5 months and I still have the same pet peeve. Women come in all the time asking for these...or so I think, but they call them "legins".
Just we are all clear they are called Leggings! So if you ask I will look at you like I have no idea what you are talking about if you call them "legins". We don't carry "legins".
I feel much better now...thank you
4 comments:
Don't worry, you're not the only person to ever sass a customer because of their inability to properly pronounce things. At the hospital I used to get so annoyed when people would call in saying, "Um, I need to schedule my mammiogram." MammIOgram? Really? Or, "Uhh, I need to schedule a scan." A scan? Wow, how very specific of you. Thanks. It was a stupid thing to be bugged by, and is a testament to the fact that I actually just hated my job intensely. =)
This is a Utah thing Sarah...it is just like saying Mounins (mountains) and Lay-in (Layton).
When we lived in Wichita for that one year, I used to get teased all the time about things I said "incorrectly" - like I'm "fixing to" go to the store, or "chunk" me that shoe over there. Now I notice that I'll put a "k" sound at the end of words ending in -ing. Like, I'm runnink out of time or let's go swimmink. WEIRD!
I say give em' a hard time!!! I will have to stop in and see you harassing customers!!
Post a Comment