It was a year ago today that Joe surprised me with the 2nd best day of my life, (next only to the day we got married!) we got engaged! I just wanted to take some time to Reminisce.
I had the day off work and my plan was to sleep in and go to the gym, and then hang out the rest of the day. But my day started much earlier than anticipated. I woke up to my roommate tip-toeing out of my bedroom at like 7 in the morning. I just thought she was maybe borrowing clothes, but then I realized she couldn't find anything without the lights on. So I sat in bed trying to go back to sleep but I couldn't! Part of me wondered...what is she up to? So I got up and went to my bathroom and there was a CD on the mirror that said "play me". I could not make it to the CD player fast enough, and I soon hear Joe's voice telling me that if I played my cards right I would get a ring by the end of the night. He told me my first clue was to go to where we first met. We met at the Olive Garden and they didn't open until 11 and so I had 4 hours to wait in anticipation.
I went to the Olive Garden and told the host who I was and she got the biggest smile on my face and pointed me to where I needed to go to get my next clue. Joe's manager met me with a smile and handed me another CD and also a to-go order of my favorite dish, the Tour of Italy! My stomach had butterflies and the last thing I wanted was food. I told her I wasn't hungry and that I didn't need it. She said to me, "Oh hunny, I don't think you understand how long of a day you are in for, trust me, You'll be hungry." So I went out the door eager as a beaver to listen to my next clue.
Joe's voice greeted me again and told me to drive to where we had our first date. As I drove he proceeded to tell me what he remembered about the first time he saw me. Then he put music on once he was done talking, to keep me company on the drive. Joe sent me to lots of other places. He sent me to Sundance Resort where we love going snowboarding together and was also where we went on our second date. He gave me a BBQ for my graduation and there was another CD inside there, and then he sent me to where we had our first kiss. Every time I picked up a new clue he would tell me on the CD why he sent me to the place I had just picked up a clue and what he remembered about it. Another clue was to go to my favorite place to take naps. So I headed up to Salt Lake to my parents house. I had been calling both of my parents after each of the clues and neither one had let on that they were in on it!
When I got to my parents house my mom handed me a CD and also a piece of paper. I was not expecting a piece of paper, none of the other clues had a piece of paper. This was not a normal piece of paper it was an airplane ticket! I looked at my mom in shock, and she told me to hurry if I wanted to make my flight. So the next thing I new I was on my way to Las Vegas!!! There was a little bit of a delay with the flight because of a freak rainstorm in Vegas that caused no flights in to Vegas. Luckily Joe is smooth and was able to push back dinner reservations.
I landed in Vegas and met my sweetie at the airport. We jumped in a cab and headed to the stratosphere restaurant. Where we had dinner on the top floor at the rotating restaurant! (I ate rooster!) After an amazing dinner we walked out to the observation deck and then Joe got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! It was amazing and I did not want the moment to end!
We then walked down the Las Vegas strip and then caught a cab back to the airport where we flew home. It was unreal!
The only thing that is too bad is that I packed my camera but forgot the memory stick! So I have no pictures to remember this trip with. Thank goodness I do have the most gorgeous ring to remember it with!
I love you hunny!
(I do have this one that we bought from the people at the stratosphere restaurant. I love it because you can see the strip in the background. ) This was before he popped the question!
10 comments:
Sarah, I don't think I have ever heard your whole story. I am so glad you shared it! And I am even happier that you said YES and joined the Preston Family. You are amazing, wonderful, and we love you dearly. That nephew of mine is quite the creative fellow. What a fun memory of your engagement day. Love you both. Renee
Was that only a year ago?? Wow time flies!
PS I have your pioneer clothes
I almost teared up reading this. I can't believe it has been a year. Thanks for letting me stay with you two last week.
So sweet! I had no idea! What a good honey you have!
K I guess I never heard the whole story, LOVE IT!!! Congrats on making it to the one year engagement mark!!! and Yes I did tear up reading this!!! I must be tired and hungry!!
I think that is the most romantic engagement story I have ever heard!! WOW!
Sarah, I forget how amazing that was! Joseph is ridiculous.
I love my husband! He is very creative. I think I might be the luckiest girl!
Wow!! A year!! Remember how this was suppose to happen in DC? (this was way cuter than the one in my head though)
you guys seriously have the best engagement story ever!
Post a Comment