Thursday, September 5, 2013

Kate Preston

Our sweet Kate arrived right on time. She was due on August 16, and I literally was woken up at midnight and could tell I was in labor. It didn't take her long to get here and we had her in our arms by 1013 am.  It was the most amazing experience to be with Joe in the delivery room and get to see our little girl come into this world, it was the most spiritual, special and wonderful time in my life. I hope I can always remember this special day and the feelings I felt. 

I promised my cardiologist that I would get an epidural, and it truly made labor so enjoyable once it was in. I am so grateful for the person who invented the epidural.We were laughing in between contractions as I was pushing. My heart did great!

I can't put into words how special Kate's birthday was. 
I am so happy I get to be her Mom. 
6 lb 11 oz, 20 3/4 inches long


Once she was here and the nurses knew she was okay we were able to spend a few hours quietly as a new family. It was amazing!

First family photo

The proud Dad!

Kate's first bath...she reacts the same way to all subsequent baths

Our beautiful girl all cleaned up


My friend and coworker Marcy was our first visitor. She has spoiled Kate and treated her like her own child

Tired Dad...we had been up for about 24 hours, but couldn't take our eyes off our girl






Getting out of the hospital.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Epidurals are the best. And your experience was part of Benny's recent primary talk on prayer. We are so glad everything went so well, and we can't wait to see her at the baby blessing!

kevin said...

Thanks for sharing your story. We can't wait to meet her. Maybe will drive to Utah for Christmass and stop on the way down.

Andrea said...

This just makes me so happy! Congrats times 1000!! She is adorable and I love her name! It's so cute!!

Rachelle said...

There is nothing quite like the awe and reverent feeling that accompanies the birth of the first baby. The moment when you become Mom is unlike any other experience. Each baby's birth is special, but there's just something about the first birth that feels so reverent. I wish I could snuggle her - well done!

JMR said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Perfect in every way! So happy for you guys!

Cloe said...

She is so beautiful Sarah!! Congratulations!! :)

Lynne said...

Congratulations again!! I love hearing all the details :)