Monday, February 4, 2013

The After Party

After the game was over, we made our way down to the players' bench.  The usher told us that we needed to wait around for a few minutes until the tunnel was cleared out and there was room for us. 

It turns out that there were about 25-30 people that had these passes.  In the tunnel there was a section that was between the locker room and the player's exit that was roped off.  The few of us with passes stood in this roped off area and when players left the locker room, most of them were kind enough to stop and chat, take photos, and give autographs. 

Jamaal Tinsley
Jeremy Evans
DeMarre Carrol
Coach Corbin
Derrick Favors
Paul Millsap

Here we are with Gordon Hayward.  It was hilarious.  When we were taking pictures with Gordon, some of the players family members walked by and this old guy, who was a total dip-wad, (side note = He was taking pictures with his son's phone and couldn't figure it out, kept on recording video) yells at the family members.  (Of course they were black so he just assumed that they were players.)  SURE, JUST WALK ON BY."  Gordon turns to this guy and very politely says "I don't think those were players."  I felt embarrassed even standing by him, he was that dumb, and it was that awkward.  I mean the players were not obligated to stop and talk or take pictures, but they were just being very nice--even though they were tired from just busting their butts all night.  I felt no entitlement for having anyone stop and talk but felt grateful for anyone that would.   
Marvin Williams - he is a seriously a great guy.  Hope he is with the Jazz for a long time.
Funniest thing of the night though involved Big Al.  Some girl approached Al after he was done signing autographs and taking pictures with all of us.  She did not have an access pass, so I have no idea how she managed to get down there, nor do I want to know.  She asks Al if he remembers her.  He is staring blankly at her.  She tries to refresh his memory by talking about this party that they went to and some of the other players that were there.  She said, "It was a pretty memorable night for me because we made out."  Al was just like oh yeah, I remember you.  I don't know if he really does or was just faking in remembering her.  Everyone is basically listening in on this girl's conversation, and she has no shame as she then tells him, "I just wish that I could have made it more memorable."  Al then just kind of shrugged her off and said "See you later" and proceeded to walked away.  It was priceless. She then had to take the walk of shame past all of us people who just watched her get rejected.  That was funny. 
Mo Williams was seriously the best.  He will probably forever be my favorite Jazz player.  We introduced ourselves and he said that he had been looking for us.  We were so appreciative and thanked him profusely.  We told him that we had had a great time.  We snapped some pictures with him, and he signed my jersey. 
We spent the most time talking with Mo so when Enes Kanter, Kevin Murphy, and Alec Burks came through, we missed getting pictures with them.  Other than that, we basically saw the whole team. 
 
The whole night was just incredible and so much fun.  We will remember it for forever.  It was definitely the greatest night that we have had as Jazz fans. 



5 comments:

● C E L I N A ● said...

SHUT UP!!!! this is amazing!!!!!!

Rachelle said...

So great!

Kacey said...

What an adventure!

Mary said...

That is so so cool. I have some very jealous boys here. Boys who check the sports section every morning (at 5 yrs old) to see if the Jazz won. Who am I kidding, I am a big fan too. When Gordon Hayward was at the big JR Jazz night I squealed.

Dink said...

So exciting!!! I can't wait to hear when you find out the sex of the baby!!