Here are some of the questions that kept me up at night
Can I sleep on my stomach with a pacemaker?
Yes
Will I be able to breastfeed when we one day get to be parents?
Yes
What type of a pacemaker will it be?
A pediatric pacemaker, he said the leads will last longer, and that I probably won't have to get new leads until I am 50ish. But I will still need to get my battery changed every 10-15 years.
How long will I be on medication?
Most likely my whole life.
and the most important question...
Will I be able to possibly someday try to have a baby?
Yes, maybe in time, but I will have more frequent checks with my heart doctor and a high risk OB, and a neonatologist if I do become pregnant in the future.
So it looks like my pacemaker will be coming right before Christmas!! December 20th! I am really hoping for a miracle for Christmas
8 comments:
Good luck Sarah! I hope this one's a charm. You'll be in our prayers.
Wow, that is big news. I hope the surgery goes really well and that you can be home on Christmas!
I am so relieved to hear that you will be able to have a child/children and can breastfeed, etc. Now you can sing, "All I want for Christmas is a healthy heart!"
When I read your last pacemaker post, my first thought was "People with pacemakers can have babies, right?" I am sooooo happy that its possible!!! You and Joe will be rockstar parents, that's for sure.
On an unrelated note, I haven't seen you in forever...we should do lunch!
You are in our prayers forever and ever!!
♥ celina
We're praying for a miracle too Sarah. We love you.
On my calendar! I'll be praying for you!!
Oh Sarah keep us posted! Sending hugs and prayers!!!
Post a Comment