Saturday, November 8, 2008

Body Worlds


I have been begging Joe to come with me to the Body Worlds exhibit. The reason why I was so excited to go was while I was at BYU I took the human dissection class. We would prepare the cadavers for the anatomy students so that they could learn from them. This was the most fascinating class I took while at BYU! I learned so much about the body, and it really strengthened my testimony of the gospel.


Everyone needs to go to this exhibit if you haven't already! We invited my parents to go, but they both laughed and refused. (they never enjoyed the conversations I would have with them when I would tell them after class what I got to dissect)


You don't need to know anything about the human body, it doesn't smell in there, it is just amazing. I would suggest getting the audio guide if you don't know much about the anatomy. Don't go on a Friday night, it is way to crowded, and hot.


I was a little sad because I have been researching body worlds before it was announced for them to come and the cadavers I wanted to see weren't in this exhibit, but they still had amazing ones. One of my favorites was the archer lady and the man they cut into 3 sagittal sections, it was crazy!


2 comments:

● C E L I N A ● said...

My Family went with Kristen, and I loved it. I thought it was so interesting.

I was just glad that it came to Utah.

Christy said...

Yay, friends and family! Christytakos@gmail