I can breathe a big sigh of relief...We found a place to live! It is about 5 minutes away from where we are now. We looked into buying a condo, and we almost put an offer in, but it turns out it sold the day before we were going to put an offer in. We will be basement dwellers once again. This house has a beautiful backyard and the house has some character to it. We move in next Saturday!
Heart update: So this past week I had a lot of tests for my heart. The first was a tilt table test. aka: torture or worst test ever. Keep in mind I had to go off my medication for 3 days before the test, and I get symptomatic if I am 2 hours late for my medication. This is how the test works. The patient lays flat and they are strapped to a table that tilts to 70 degrees so that the patient is almost standing. Every minute blood pressure, heart rate and rhythm are being monitored. The patient has 40 minutes to pass out in the standing position. If they don't pass out in the allotted 40 minutes then they are then brought back to the lying position and medication that is designed to stress the heart out is injected, and the nurse is waiting the whole time for the patient to pass out. If the patient is still unable to pass out the table it tilted to 70 degrees which stresses the heart. The goal of the test is to have the patient pass out...fun right? I did not pass out, but I was eventually given the medication and my heart reacted. My heart rate shot up to 270 which I do believe is an all time high for me. It was miserable, but my doctor was in the room and I had a handful of nurses. Before I knew it my doctor was getting my consent to cardiovert (shock) my heart, which I eagerly agreed to. But I guess it was worth it because my doctor said he learned a lot about my heart. I get to meet with my doctor on Monday and that is the day we get to set a date for my ablation.
Did I mention that Joe is up here for the weekend? I am so happy!
6 comments:
I'm happy you found a place to live. Good luck at the Dr. on Monday, I hope all of these tests have given the information they need to fix your heart.
That sounds like something out of a horror movie. I'm glad it's useful to the doctor and he better be able to do great things after putting you through all that! Congrats on the new place too, I want to see it!
Oh man, Sarah - that sounds AWFUL!! Will be anxious to hear more when you know more. Glad you aren't homeless on top of everything else!!! Love and miss you!
That sounds like an absolutely awful test. So sorry you had to go through it, but I hope they found out what they needed to so that you can get this problem fixed. I am glad you found a place to move, and even better a place that has some character too.
Hey Sarah! This is Nicole from work! I just randomly came across your blog... long time no see! Hope things are good with you!
You are so amazing. Keep being so strong Sarah!
Post a Comment